& Scholarship Fundraiser
Saturday, March 14, 2020 from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Bauman Farms 12989 Howell Prairie Rd, Gervais OR
Our native plant sale is a fundraiser that supports the Stan Vistica Memorial Scholarship. Profits from the native plant sale help fund scholarships for two students from Marion County studying Natural Resources or Agriculture at an Oregon College or University. The scholarship was established in 2006 and is named after an outstanding friend, conservationist, and former Board Member, Stan Vistica. The scholarship is administered through the Office of Student Access and Completion: www.oregonstudentaid.gov.
Using native plants in your landscape helps support and enhance local environments and habitat for wildlife, birds and pollinators. Native plants are a great benefit to any landscape because they require minimal or no water once they are established, they rarely require additional fertilizers or pesticides, native plants increase the biodiversity of an area and they are beautiful!
- Come early for the best selection—we start selling at 9:00am. You may have to wait in line (as some of you already know from past sales!)
- There will be NO limit on the number of plants that can be purchased, although we still encourage you to purchase a diversity of plants. If you wish to purchase a large quantity (over 30) of any one species, please contact the Marion SWCD before the plant sale and we will assist you with purchasing your plants outside of the plant sale.
- We do not take pre-orders
- We accept credit and debit cards along with cash and check
- Over 70 species of native plants will be available
- We have Milkweed! We will be selling Showy Milkweed (Asclepias speciosa) and Narrow Leaf Milkweed (Asclepias fascicularis) plants.
- New Species! White Great Camas (Camas leichtlinii ssp leichtilinii), Rattan’s Beardtongue (Penstemon rattanii)
- Returning Species (that we haven’t had for a while): Rose Checkermallow (Sidalcea virgata), Streambank Lupine (Lupinus rivularis), Scarlet Monkeyflower (Mimulus cardinalis), Roemer’s Fescue (grass) (Festuca roemerii), Slough Sedge (Carex obnupta)
- Prices range from $1.50 for bare root trees and shrubs to $4.00 for 4” pots to $8.00 for specialty shrubs and plants in gallon pots.
- Native seed mix from Heritage Seedlings with 17 species of annual and perennial flowers will be available for $4.00 a packet. Plant a meadow in your yard!
- Plant availability is always dependent on the weather and winter growing conditions at the nurseries that supply us.