The Conservation Spotlight is a radio segment shining light on partnerships and programs for natural resources that airs on the third Wednesday of every month at 8 am and 6 pm as part of the weekly Willamette Wake Up radio program on KMUZ 100.7 and 88.5 FM. Marion SWCD shares the Spotlight with Polk SWCD and OSU Extension Service Small Farms Program.
To listen, click the title of the episode in the list below.
- 09/21/2022 Labor Day 2020 Fire & Forest Regeneration, Shawn Rivera (Marion SWCD)
- 08/17/2022 Agritourism Helps Farmers in the Mid-Valley, Audrey Comerford (OSU Ext. Small Farms)
- 07/20/2022 Grand Ronde Tribal Land Management, Lindsay McClary (Polk SWCD)
- 06/15/2022 Sustainable Landscaping, Owen Dell (Marion SWCD)
- 05/18/2022 Marion Polk Food Share Youth Farm (OSU Ext. Small Farms)
- 04/20/2022 How Polk Soil & Water Conservation District Works (Polk SWCD)
- 03/16/2022 Oregon Bees, Andony Melathopoulos, OSU Extension Service (Marion SWCD)
- 02/16/2022 Elderberry Wisdom Farm and Traditional Ecological Knowledge, Rose High Bear (OSU Small Farms)
- 01/19/2022 Importance of Soil, Sue Reams, Natural Resources Conservation Service (Polk SWCD)
- 12/15/2021 Journey to Organic Farming at Nottinghamshire Farm, Amanda Stevens and Farewell Reflections from Jenny Ammon, Marion SWCD
- 11/17/2021 Co-creating a Regenerative Post-Capitalism Community with Dr. Chong Kee Tan
- 10/20/2021 A Passion for Conservation, Amy Boyd, Marion SWCD
- 09/15/2021 Dry Farming, Amy Garrett OSU Extension
- 08/18/2021 Meet Conservation Power House Kassi Roosth
- 07/21/2021 Mark Akimoff and his new role as Conservation Planner, Marion SWCD
- 06/16/2021 Anna Rankin w/ Pudding River Watershed Council
- 05/19/2021 Focus on Invasive Weeds w/ with Joel Price, Oregon Dept. of Agriculture
- 04/21/2021 Partnership with City of Keizer
- 03/17/2021 Tree & Debris Removal after Ice Storm
- 02/17/2021 A look at the Marion Soil & Water Conservation District
The Marion SWCD is an equal opportunity employer, providing services to the public without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, mental or physical disability, marital status, age or other protected status or activity in accordance with applicable law. Call 48 hours in advance to request assistance.