Home

Marion Soil and Water Conservation District

Helping Marion County, Oregon with conservation assistance since 1971!


NEW PROGRAM : Cover Crops

  •  This is a start-up program, limited funds available, first come, first served.

  • 2 page application required with field photo and copy of soils map.

  • You can receive $30-70/acre depending on your planting methods; (no till =$50, conventional drill = $40, broadcast =$30)

  • You can receive an extra $10/acre for early planting (Before Oct 31) and an extra $10 for using a multi-species mix.

  • Paid 75% when planting is finished, remaining 25% paid at crop termination

  • Applications accepted starting August 1, 2019 until October 29, 2019.

Contact Marion SWCD for more information @ 503-391-9927

SAMPLE APPLICATION


UPCOMING EVENTS:

Dry Farm Field Day

Wed, Sep 11, 2019 4:30 pm – 7:30 pm

Gowen Farm: 9040 Old Fort Rd
Independence , OR 97333

Free – Registration required

Pollinator Conservation Short Course
October 1, 8:30-4:30pm
Minto Island Growers, Salem OR

This full day workshop will focus on concepts around protecting and enhancing populations of pollinators, especially bees, in agricultural landscapes. The course will provide an overview of bee natural history and identify practices such as protecting and creating habitat, modified horticultural practices, and advice on how to manage pests while protecting pollinators.


Protecting Your Home & Property from Wildfire Workshops
October 5, 9-11:30 am for homeowner’s & small properties 1-3:30 pm for larger properties
Oregon Gardens, NREC building
More details coming soon! Stay tuned.


Soil Health Workshop
November 6, 12:30-5:00pm
Chemeketa Eola Campus West Salem OR
Attendees will learn how to navigate the web soil survey, learn the latest soil research in our area and discuss making soil testing a tool that works. Workshop cost $20 registration at http://www.eventbrite.com/e/soil-health-workshop-tickets-62228702725 For more information please call 503.391.9927 ext. 334

Thanks to our amazing sponsors Pratum Coop and Wilco.

First Fridays (December-March 9-10:30am)
Marion SWCD Office (338 Hawthorne Ave NE)
Join Marion SWCD Staff and subject matter experts at any of the 4 First Friday events. We are excited to share coffee, donuts and information with you! Visit our website for more information and to register. www.marionswcd.net

  • December 6-Irrigation Efficiency
  • January 3-Pond Maintenance with the Water Master
  • February 7-Winter Twig ID
  • March 6-Composting on your Land

The Marion SWCD does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.

Marion SWCD is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.

Copyright to material on this site is held by Marion SWCD, but may be republished, edited, and re-used free of charge, for non commercial purposes, unless otherwise noted.